What is NMLS?
Earning an NMLS license number is no easy task, and requires rigorous scrutiny of our business and its leaders. Having an NMLS license number is proof positive of a company’s integrity, reputation and trustworthiness.
To gain certification, you must provide and pass the test of:
- Owners’ Background Checks
- Attestation by each owner including disclosure of all personal information, financial disclosures, criminal disclosures, civil judicial disclosures, disclosure of any regulatory action, any arbitration or civil litigation or termination voluntary or involuntary due to regulatory violations or fraud.
- Audited financials
- Irrevocable letter of credit or $50,000 Surety Bond
- GLB privacy notice
- Copy of litigation funding contract approved by Secretary of State
- Yearly submission of Annual Financial Statements